Objectives and Impact
ENERCA main updated objectives include:
- To enhance the creation and use of European inventories to gather updated and reliable data on centres of expertise and epidemiological figures.
- To facilitate the continuing medical education and best practices.
- To create a telemedicine platform for the provision of health care and medical advice avoiding the need of physical travelling.
- To promote the recognition of centres of expertise on rare anaemias by national health authorities and ENERCA as the European Reference Network for rare anaemias.
- To develop e-Health tools in the field of rare anaemias and promote their use among the scientific community and patients' associations
- The consolidation of a European Reference Network in rare anaemias.
- An increase in health professionals’ knowledge of rare anaemias (training courses and symposiums).
- Increased social awareness of rare anaemias by means of educational material in the relevant languages.
- To assure the project sustainability in the future.
The main benefits of a European Reference Network of Expert Centres in rare anaemias will be:
- Easy access to expert centres throughout the European Member States.
- Tools to ensure the same level of access to rare anaemias services across Europe.
- Comparable data on patients suffering from rare anaemias, and epidemiological surveillance throughout Europe.
- Establishment of common treatment protocols and dissemination of information about rare anaemias to improve the awareness of these rare diseases among health professionals and the general public.